Our seamless integration with Blackbaud LMS enables teachers to easily include and share TextbookHub books in their courses as a resource for their students. You can begin by following the steps below:
1. Navigate to your school’s TextbookHub subdomain URL (provided by TBH admin upon installation of the system) and log into Blackbaud by clicking on the green “b”:
Enter your Blackbaud LMS credentials. You will then be redirected and automatically logged into the interactive reader application.
2. In Portal, navigate to the “My Bookshelf” tab. The URL should look like https://[school subdomain].textbookhub.com/portal#bookshelf. A catalogue of books you have editing access to will be displayed.
3. Select a book and click the information badge on the book cover:
4. Through the book details panel under “About This Extension”, copy the hyperlink next to “LTI Link”. This hyperlink will lead your students from your Blackbaud course directly to your textbook on TextbookHub.
5. In a separate window or tab, navigate to your school’s Blackbaud LMS URL. If you aren’t already logged into Blackbaud, please do so and login.
6. Find “Classes” in the top navigation menu and click on the course you would like to add your LTI link to.
7. Once you reach the homepage of your selected course, navigate to the “Topics” tab.
There are two methods to add the LTI link to your course:
- Adding the LTI link to an existing topic:
1. Click the edit badge in the top-left corner of the topic you would like to add the LTI link to.
2. Drag-and-drop a “Learning Tool” element into the active editing area (indicated by blue vertical bars). A pop-up window “Add Learning Tool” should appear prompting you to select a provider, which should be TextbookHub. Choose a title for your Learning Tool element and as an option, you can give it a description. Paste the LTI Link from TextbookHub into the “Launch URL” field.
3. Click the “Save” button.
- Adding the LTI link as a new topic:
1. Click the “Create Topic” button on the right side of the Topics page:
2. Choose a title for your new topic. Once you finish deciding on the topic layout and set the class visibility duration, click on “Save and Add Materials”.
3. Repeat Steps 2 & 3 above under “Adding the LTI link to an existing topic”.
8. By completing the steps above, your selected TextbookHub book can now be accessed by your students through Topics in your Blackbaud course.