- From the Assignments tab in the TBH portal, select the assignment you want to grade by clicking or tapping on the assignment’s name in its thumbnail image.
- The Grading Breakdown page loads. Click or tap on the name of the student whose assignment you want to grade.
3. That student’s completed assignment will load. You must review and manually grade any items that have been tagged with the word “manual”. You can look to the left side of the screen and see the tag located next to the item name (Item 1, Item 2). You can also look at the right hand side of the page. Every item will have a color-coded circular icon. Manually-graded items are all marked with a dark grey circular icon.
4. When you have reviewed a manually-graded question, decide on the student’s numeric score for this item. Enter the score in the Score field.
5. Continue until you have scored all manually-graded items.
6. (Optional) If you want to, review the auto-graded items and make adjustments to the score as needed. Note that the process for changing an auto-grade is simply to click in the Score field associated with that item and enter the desired numeric value, just as you did in Step 4.
7. (Optional) If you want to enter any bonus marks or extra credit, enter the numeric value into the Bonus score field, then click or tap the Save button.
8. (Optional) In some cases, you may want to return the assignment to the student without a grade so that the student can re-attempt the assignment. To do this, click the Reattempt button at the bottom-left of the screen. If you are sending the assignment back to the student for a re-attempt, skip to Step 10.
9. When you have completed grading this student’s assignment, click or tap on the Complete Grading button in the lower-right of the screen.
10. Move on to the next student assignment that is ready for grading. Do this by clicking or tapping the Next Student The Next Student hyperlink is located at the bottom-center of the screen.
11. Continue to grade student assignments until they have all been marked. At this point, students will not be able to see their grades via their TBH account.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for the students to see their grades, you must release the grades.
SEE ALSO: How to Release Grades